ESO Dragon Knight Build - Unbreakable Dragon Knight
ESO has developed one of the most fun and persistent PvP systems out there, but the amount of information a new player has to process can prove to be overwhelming. The variety of sets, champion points, and skill setups can be intimidating at first, that is why we are kicking off this series with a popular, easy-to-grasp, tanky ESO Dragon Knight build that performs very well in both CP and non-CP campaigns. Let's check DK tank build! If you do not have enough currency check also our ESO Gold offer.
Table of contents
- ESO Dragon Knight Build - Gear loadout
- ESO Dragon Knight Build - Skill Setup
Choose your class
Let's talk about ESO Dragon Knight Build! There is a popular misconception that Nords, Imperials, and Redguards are the best picks for any tanking build due to their pure tank passives, but there is one race that puts the three to shame when it comes to PvP effectiveness - Argonians. Those hist junkies used to have one of the most useless passives, but ever since the Morrowind rework they have become a staple for most PvP builds (not only ESO Dragon knight build). Apart from important poison resistance, extra health and healing, new Argorian passives include Resourceful which makes you restore health, magicka, and stamina whenever you drink a potion. In combination with Dragon knight Helping Hands (stamina recovery whenever Earthen Heart ability is cast) and Battle Roar (restoring health, magicka, and stamina whenever the Ultimate ability is cast) your character will never run out of resources. Throw in Supernatural Recovery from Vampirism and you'll make yourself into an unkillable beast.
ESO Dragon Knight Build - Gear loadout
This ESO Dragon Knight build revolves around fast ultimate generation and utilizing Battle Roar for resource recovery. There are a few combinations we could use to do DK tank build in ESO but the most popular would be:
Head and Shoulder: Bloodspawn
5X Seventh Legion
5X Werewolf Hide (including Mainhand and SHield)
Second Bar: 2h Asylum Greatsword/Perfected Asylym
Blood Spawn and Werewolf Hide are pretty self-explanatory since we want to build up our ultimate as fast as possible. Seventh Legion lets us dish out some serious damage but this set can be changed depending on what you want to do. Some examples:
Black Rose will add extra resource regeneration
Footman Fortune will grant you additional block damage mitigation
Akaviri Dragonguard will reduce your ultimate cost by 15% as a 5 part bonus, problem with this set is that 2,3 and 4 part bonues are pretty weak
Witchman Armor this set has some pretty decent bonses and a 5 set bonus adds an effect identical to Battle Roar so if you want to become extra annoying you might consider it.
Enchanting is pretty straight-forward. Enchant your "big parts" (chest, pants, and head) with Tri-Stat enchant and the remaining armor parts with Stamina. Depending on your preference you can enchant your jewelry with Glyph of Shielding (reduced bash and block cost) Glyph of Potion Speed (reduces potion cooldown) and Glyph of Increased Physical Harm (increased weapon damage). If you want to take it to the offensive I'd suggest going with 3x Glyph of Increased Physical Harm but if instead you rather get more survivability and become a real pain in the butt I'd roll with 1x Glyph of Shielding, 2x Glyph of Potion Speed. When it comes to enchanting your weapons use either Poison Damage or Damage Health.
When it comes to traits you want your armor (and shield) to be 6 parts Sturdy and 2 parts Impenetrable, 3/3 Robust on jewelry, and weapons with either Decisive and/or Infused.
|Get your hands on the cheapest ESO Gold and make sure that your Dragon Knight gear is ready for the endgame content!|
ESO Dragon Knight Build - Skill Setup
1. Heroic Slash - Since we are building up ultimate we will need our Heroism buff that this skill provides. Just remember not to over-spam this.
2. Igneous Shield - Not only it will boost our self-heal from Resolving Vigor, it will also regenerate part of our stamina with Helping Hands passive
3. Volatile Armor - Great way of boosting your resistances, keep it up at all times
4. Resolving Vigor - Stamina heal, there is really nothing more to say, great synergy with Igneous Shield
5. Absorb Magic - Basic skill for any shield-wielder. Reduces block cost, increases damage mitigation and heals while absorbing damage from spell projectiles.
Ultimate: Spell Wall - Amazing and cheap PvP ultimate. Free blocking for 6 seconds while refecting all projectiles for just 135 ultimate? Easy pick!
1. Critical Rush - Great mobility and damage
2. Reverse Slice - Not only deals massive damage to low health targets but splash damage will help us squeezing max ultimate gain from Asylum Greatsword
3. Dizzying Swing - Decent damage and nice CC
4. Venomous Claw - Easy to maintain, cheap, cast-and-forget damage over time spell. You can replace that with Green Dragon Blood for additional stamina recovery and healing or Noxious Breath for AoE Major Fracture debuff application.
5. Forward Momentum - Great damage buff, heal and CC breaker
Ultimate: Take Flight is cheap and effective, adding extra battlefield mobility while dealing decent damage. Alternatively, you can go for more expensive ultimate Corrosive Armor giving you amazing survivability in tough situations.
Champion Point Distribution (690 CP)
40 Mighty, 20 Piercing, 19 Thaumaturge
60 Master-At-Arms, 34 Shattering Blows, 27 Physical Weapon Expert
50 Befoul, 30 Shadow Ward, 46 Tumbling
19 Quick Recovery
50 Thick Skinned, 36 Hardy, 36 Elemental Defender
52 Ironclad, 34 Spell Shield
- ESO Psijic Order Skill Tree
- ESO DragonBone DLC
- ESO Dungeons Veteran Guide
- ESO Cloudrest Guide
- ESO Jewelry Crafting Guide